The summer bruschetta is a fresh and tasty dish easy to prepare suitable for a cold dinner, a buffet or those with little time to cook.
- 3 lg Ripe tomatoes – seeded and diced
- 1/2 lg Red onion – cut into 1/4″ dice
- 1 cucumber – Peeled seeded, diced
- Italian Oregano Cold Pressed Turci
- 1 Baguette
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil – plus
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Coarse salt
- Italian Garlic Cold Pressed Turci (optional)
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and the Italian Oregano Cold Pressed Turci; season lightly with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss well to combine.
Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 3.
Heat broiler or grill pan. Cut bread diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush both sides lightly with olive oil; grill or broil on both sides until toasted.
Spray the Italian Garlic Cold Pressed Turci on one side of the bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with tomato mixture. Let stand a few minutes to allow juices to soak into bread before serving.